Free open Job in North, South & Central America Social Worker at Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is seeking to recruit a highly qualified Social Worker with a wealth of extensive social worker experience, keen to impart their knowledge, skills, and experience with social work trainees, newly qualified social workers and others where appropriate to enhance their practice development.
To assist in the planning and implementation of the Government of Montserrat’s (GOM’s) Social Development to improve the social, economic and emotional condition of all persons on Montserrat.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage case load and maintain accurate case files for safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Coordinates, monitor, evaluate and assist with the development and implementation of social care programmes and interventions.
- Perform investigations, assessments and prepare reports on various social issues and needs.
- Visit designated geographical areas in the community to monitor, address social needs and maintain up to date community profiles and reports.
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE PROFILE
The applicants must:
- Bsc in Social Work or MA in Social Work
- The person engaged will be expected to have worked as a Qualified Social Worker for ideally 3 to 5 years.
- Excellent technical, analytical report writing skills
- Must be a current member of a recognized professional accreditation or licensing body. Membership should be maintained for the duration of the period of engagement.
- An up to date police check or Disclosure and Barring services (DBS) and the regulatory body for Health and Social Care professionals is the HCPC.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of 2 years.
Your total remuneration package is EC$160,000.00 per annum.
Your basic salary is fixed at R15, that is, EC$62,064.00 per annum (taxable), payable in equal installments at the end of each month.
Market Premium – EC$51,616.00 per annum (taxable)
Housing – EC$36,000.00 per annum (taxable)
Telephone – EC$720.00 per annum (taxable)
Travel – EC$9,600.00 per annum (non-taxable) provided that the officer possess and maintains the vehicle in a roadworthy condition and uses it for official travelling, in accordance with General Order 519.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Social Worker can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/ToR-Social-Worker.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms – (click on ‘Forms’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and certified copies of relevant academic qualifications.
NOTE: Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies will be requested from those invited to interview
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is Tuesday September 17, 2019.