Free open Job in North, South & Central America Smithsonian Scholar Award at The US-UK Fulbright Commission
Call for Applications
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for the 2020-21 Smithsonian Scholar Award.
Allows UK academics or professionals to undertake US-based independent post-doctoral research or study related to any academic discipline using the Smithsonian’s collections, facilities, or experts. This award is for a duration of 3 months.
Applicants to this award should consider the merits of working with the unique suite of collections and facilities, not only at the Smithsonian’s Washington, D.C. National Mall locations, but at all Smithsonian locations within the US.
The Fulbright-Smithsonian Scholar Award offers the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend of $5,000 per month
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (June or July)
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Institute of International Education
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Eligibility requirements: Applicants must be a UK academics who hold or expect to receive a PhD (or equivalent professional training or experience) in a relevant area before departure to the US. Those who hold or who are eligible to hold US citizenship may not apply for a UK Scholar Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission. Full eligibility guidelines can be found in the Award Terms and Conditions and Application instructions on the Fulbright website.
Closing Date: 5pm, Wednesday 6 November 2019 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button above.