Free open Job in North, South & Central America Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Human Physiology at University of the West Indies
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a PhD or equivalent in Physiology or a closely related discipline.
Candidates must also have:
- A good track record of research and experience in teaching human physiology to medical or dental students
- Research expertise in basic medical sciences or translational research
- Specialization in any of the main areas of physiology or in a neuroscience related area
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- Familiarity with Problem-based learning (PBL) or small group learning methods
- Ability to complement the Department’s research agenda
Additional training in the medical sciences e.g. MBBS, MBChB or MD would be an asset.
- Delivering teaching via online and face-to-face modes
- Contributing to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and curriculum development
- Pursuing an active independent or collaborative research agenda
- Attracting extra-mural research grants
- Contributing to the administrative and support functions of the Department and Faculty
- Engaging in service to the community
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also be able to engage in team work with colleagues in teaching and research.
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their signed references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 2020 April 12