Free open Job in North, South & Central America Scientific Director at Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is the largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital in Canada, as well as one of the world’s leading research centres in mental health. Home to over 120 scientists, CAMH advances clinical care, education, research and policy to help transform the lives of people affected by mental illness and addictions, now and in the future.
CAMH Clinical Research invites applications for the position of Scientific Director, Applied Health Services Research Centre.
The Centre aims to support the design, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of novel interventions to enhance the real-world outcomes and experiences for people with mental illness across the care continuum. The Centre will be home to world-class scientists, methodologists and research staff dedicated to the development and evaluation of complex interventions using rigorous research methods to improve the early identification and detection of mental health problems and illnesses and optimize their treatment and outcomes.
Reporting to the Physician in Chief, the Scientific Director is responsible for the leadership, scientific vision and direction setting of the Centre. The successful applicant will be a proven leader in the area of health services interventions research and work to integrate the Centre with existing infrastructure and resources to support research activities across CAMH, in alignment with CAMH research priorities.
The main duties include:
- Initiating and planning the infrastructure for the Centre, including developing and implementing the vision, recruitment of scientist and administrative staff, liaising with current infrastructure to ensure alignment and supporting on-going functional planning
- Directing and coordinating research initiatives, including identifying opportunities for funding and supporting grant submissions, ensuring scientific productivity of scientist and facilitating research and clinical collaborations across the institution
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations, including on-going planning and evaluation, fiscally responsible financial management and reporting and supporting alignment of activities with Centres of Innovation
- Scientific productivity including, success in securing external funding, publishing manuscripts, and collaborating both internally and externally
- Human resource management including recruitment of staff, administrative supervision, mentorship and performance management and performance reviews
- The Director will perform additional cross-function duties as necessary
- The Director will support a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements. This position is located at CAMH, 1001 Queen Street, Toronto.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- MD and/or Ph.D. in an aligned field and eligibility for appointment as Associate or Full Professor at the University of Toronto
- Being able to work in Canada and a member in good standing of a professional practice organization, if applicable
- Demonstrated international accomplishments in health services interventions research. A previous focus on mental health is desired but not necessary.
- An established record of scientific leadership of emerging scientists and trainees.
- A proven track record of success producing high-quality and high-impact scholarly work, including publications and peer-reviewed grants.
- Demonstrated capacity for establishing and maintaining collaborations within and across institutions.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, interdisciplinary research environment.
Please Note: This full time, permanent position is NOT part of any Bargaining Unit.
Salary Range: Competitive Salary and Benefits
If you are interested, please click on the apply link above.
CAMH is a Tobacco-Free Organization.
CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and is a teaching hospital and research institute. As a CAMH employee you will be expected to actively support CAMH’s teaching and research activities, in addition to supporting the clinical work of the hospital.
As an employment equity employer CAMH actively seeks Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, people with disabilities, (including people with who have experienced mental health and substance use challenges), and additional diverse identities for our workforce.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.