Free open Job in North, South & Central America Program Coordinator, Assistant/Associate Professor of Interior Architecture Design at University of Nevada, Las Vegas
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Program Coordinator, Assistant/Associate Professor of Interior Architecture Design, UNLV College of Fine Arts [R0118061]
ROLE OF THE POSITION
The UNLV SoA invites applications for the position of Associate or Assistant Professor, and Program Coordinator, in the Interior Architecture and Design (IAD) program. Graduates of the program are prepared to make a seamless transition into a new era of design thinking and to successfully engage in the practice of providing professional interior architectural design services in various contexts of residential, commercial, hospitality, health care, and institutional design. The Interior Architecture and Design program and the Master of Healthcare Interior Design (https://www.unlv.edu/architecture/m-hid) program respond to the increasingly complex needs of populations diverse in age, abilities, and cultural backgrounds that can be creatively addressed with innovative design strategies. The appointee is expected to take on the role of IAD Program Coordinator. The School of Architecture’s faculty is committed to contributing to the Carnegie distinction of a “R1-Research University/Very High”. By joining us, you will have an exciting opportunity to bring in new ideas and vision to help us further develop and expand the school.
This is a full-time, 9-month, tenured or tenure-track, Associate or Assistant Professor position which will begin January 1, 2020 (spring semester) or later. Rank depends on experience. The successful candidate will be expected to assume the role of IAD Program Coordinator commencing fall 2020.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Function effectively across disciplines integral to Interior Architecture and Design;
- Lead highly-creative design activities and studios;
- Productively engage teaching and research in areas of hospitality, furniture/materials/digital fabrication, corporate, healthcare, retail design;
- Participate in the continuing development of the program, including its coordination;
- Productively pursue a robust funded research agenda with high-quality publication output;
- Productively engage the academic and professional communities;
- Make service contributions within the University, College, School, and the professional
- Community including but not limited to: committee assignments, curricular assessment and review, maintain accreditation standards, and student mentorship;
- Be a strong and forward-looking advocate of progressive design thinking.
Please view the complete description via the ‘Apply’ button above.