Free open Job in North, South & Central America Professor of Contextual Theology and Director of Leadership for Ministry Programs at Huron at Western
Building on 156 years of excellence in Theological Education, Huron University College has completely reimagined its MDiv/MTS programs to provide a leadership formation experience that prioritizes community engagement and contextual learning in a balanced partnership with academic achievement.
The Faculty of Theology invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor to become the first Director of the Faculty of Theology’s newly approved contextually-driven Leadership for Ministry (MDiv and MTS) programs. The appointment will begin July 1, 2020, or at an earlier, mutually agreeable date.
The qualified applicant will possess:
- a PhD, ThD, DMin, or the equivalent in contextual theology or a related theological discipline in order to support teaching and research in that area;
- broad experience in ministerial leadership;
- familiarity with community-based learning, field learning, intercultural learning, multi-faith education, and other pedagogies that integrate practice and theory for a diverse student body in professional degree programs;
- awareness of the different methods of formation, education, assessment, and competency evaluation in theological education;
- familiarity with electronic media used to create “remote access” classrooms, and;
- familiarity with the processes for vocational discernment.
Additional qualifications that are highly desired:
- experience in ministry leadership in the Anglican Church of Canada or one of its full-communion or ecumenical partners;
- ordination in one of these churches, and;
- the ability to organize three intensive gatherings of students for formation, per year, in various contexts—including on campus at Huron.
- A record of research and publication commensurate with teaching and supervisory membership in Huron’s graduate program as part of Western University, School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
Review of applications will begin February 1, 2020, however applications will continue to be considered until the appointment is finalized.
Qualified candidates should forward a letter of application, curriculum vitae, pedagogical dossier (statement of teaching philosophy, evidence of successful teaching), and contact information for three references who would be willing to write reference letters, if asked, to:
Dean, Faculty of Theology, c/o Sandra Rice, Office of the Dean
Huron University College
1349 Western Road
London, Ontario, Canada N6G 1H3
Huron values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact Human Resources at 519-438-7224, extension 703, or firstname.lastname@example.org.