Free open Job in North, South & Central America Postdoc in Applied Probability at Rice University
A postdoctoral fellowship in applied probability is available under the supervision of Dr. Philip Ernst, Associate Professor of Statistics, (http://www.stat.rice.edu/~pe6/) at Rice University (Houston, Texas, USA). This is a 100% research position with no teaching responsibilities. The initial contract is for 24 months. The proposed start date is July 1st, 2020, although the date is flexible (within reason).
- A Ph.D. focusing in applied probability or a closely related area.
- A Ph.D. award date no earlier than July 1st, 2016, and no later than July 1st, 2020.
- Demonstrated excellence in research.
- A documented research record with publications in the top applied probability journals. Candidates who have specifically published in the following areas are preferred: mathematical finance, optimal stopping, statistical inference for stochastic processes, stochastic control, and stochastic geometry.
In addition, generous travel funds will be available for the postdoctoral fellow to both attend and to present at conferences.
To apply, please submit the following through the ‘Apply’ button above:
- A cover letter briefly explaining your interest and compatibility with Dr. Ernst’s research agenda (http://www.stat.rice.edu/~pe6/).
- A curriculum vitae.
- A publication list.
- A research statement.
- At least three letters of recommendation from those who can speak to your excellence in research in applied probability; one recommendation must be from your Ph.D. thesis adviser, unless the adviser is now deceased.
The application deadline is 5:00 pm local time on March 25th, 2020; only applications that are complete by the deadline will be given full consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis, however, until the position is filled.
About Rice University
The George R. Brown School of Engineering (https://engineering.rice.edu/) ranks among the top 20 of undergraduate engineering programs (US News & World Report) and is strongly committed to nurturing the aspirations of faculty, staff and students in an inclusive environment.
We seek greater representation of women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans in disciplines in which they have historically been underrepresented; to attract international students from a wider range of countries and backgrounds; to accelerate progress in building a faculty and staff who are diverse in background and thought; and we support an inclusive environment that fosters interaction and understanding within our diverse community.
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.