Free open Job in North, South & Central America Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, within the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
“Obstetrics and Gynaecology Consultant” means a registered medical practitioner with a Bachelor of Medicine/Surgery, who is appointed by the Governor to advise and lead on the care of pregnant woman, her unborn child and the management of diseases specific to women.
The selected applicant as Obstetrician and Gynaecologist will support the Ministry of Health’s efforts at delivering high quality and effective client-centred services, which will complement existing medical programs and enable people to live meaningful and satisfying lives. This officer will be tasked with strengthening clinical pathways in Maternal and Child Care and developing the necessary protocols and guidelines.
The details are outlined as follows:
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist will be responsible for:
- Assessing and leading on the clinical management of all patients admitted to the Obstetrics Ward, by performing daily rounds and on-call services.
- Consulting with the Physician Specialist and Surgeon regarding all admissions to the Female Ward involving women’s health issues;
- Conducting outpatient clinics to include High Risk Clinic; Maternal Clinic; Adolescent Clinic and Well Women Clinic at both Primary and Secondary Health Care.
- Participating and initiating continuing education sessions for colleagues and nurses.
- Developing protocols for the management of Gynaecological and Obstetric conditions
Academic education level required
- MBCHB / MBBS or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Specialised training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Technical and professional qualifications required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Paediatric Advanced Life Support
- Have ideally at least ten (10) years’ experience as an OB/GYN.
- Have experience with setting up an OB/GYN service or ideally at least five (5) years’ experience in managing an OB/GYN service.
- The consultant should be an OB/GYN with experience in reviewing and organizing new systems within Maternal and Child care.
- They should also have experience in training individuals in Maternal and child care issues in low-middle income countries.
Terms of Reference
Detailed Terms of Reference for the post of Obstetrician and Gynecologist can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Terms-of-Reference_OB_GYN-V0.4.pdf
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
The remuneration package for the post of Medical Officer is EC$325,000.00 per annum (taxable).
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the terms of reference and the post of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Find a Government Job’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234. Certified copies of qualifications, as well as the names and letters of two referees must be submitted with your application.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resource Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 30, 2019.