Free open Job in North, South & Central America Medical Officer at Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Medical Officer, within the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
“Medical Officer” means a registered medical practitioner with a Degree or Diploma in Public Health or Community Medicine, who is appointed by the Governor to to advise and lead a team of public health professionals such on matters of public health importance.
The selected applicant as Medical Officer and Senior Health Professional will assist in providing acute medical services and “on call” general services to the population of Montserrat.
The details are outlined as follows:
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Medical Officer will be responsible for:
- Interviewing and examining outpatient consultations (in Primary Health Care) with the development of a plan for diagnosis and management which will require:
- Daily verbal communication with patients during examinations, and when providing medical advice at Casualty or in the district clinics.
- Daily verbal communication with the hospital staff, providing professional support and guidance.
- Medical degree (MBBS or MD Degree) or its equivalent, from a recognized University that meets the requirement for registration to practice as a medical practitioner in Montserrat.
- A Medical degree in Family Medicine (desirable).
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is a requirement for this post.
- Proven working experience with ideally five (5) years as a Medical officer.
- Proven working experience with ideally two (2) years as a Medical Officer in the District/Health Centre setting.
- Proven working experience with ideally two (2) years as a Medical Officer in an Emergency room or Casualty department setting.
- Officer must be a current member of a recognized professional accreditation or licensing body and membership should be maintained for the duration of the period of engagement.
Terms of Reference
Detailed Terms of Reference for the post of Medical Officer can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Terms-of-Reference_Medical-Officer-V0.4.pdf
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
The remuneration package for the post of Medical Officer is EC$250,000.00 per annum, broken down as follows:
Basic salary – R8 – EC$73,020.00 per annum
Cost of Living – EC$19,380.00.00 per annum
Market Premium – EC$100,000.00 per annum
Housing – EC$48,000.00 per annum
Travel – EC$9,600.00 per annum
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the terms of reference and the post of Medical Officer please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Find a Government Job’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234. Certified copies of qualifications, as well as the names and letters of two referees must be submitted with your application.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resource Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Thursday, August 15, 2019