Free open Job in North, South & Central America Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care at University of the West Indies
University of the West Indies – Faculty of Medical Sciences
|Location:||Cave Hill – Barbados|
|Placed on:||26th February 2018|
|Closes:||24th March 2018|
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados.
The successful applicant must be a graduate of a recognized medical school and have a postgraduate qualification in Anaesthesia. Applicants with significant post qualification experience (e.g. at the level of registrar, senior registrar/consultant); a post graduate research degree (e.g. MD/PhD) or post graduate qualification in higher education will be at a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the dean, deputy deans, and other lecturers. Responsibilities may include:
- Designing and overseeing the teaching of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care to undergraduate medical students, including clerkship coordination
- Teaching, coordinating and managing the postgraduate training programme: Doctor of Medicine (DM) in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Supervision and mentoring of medical students and DM residents
- Assessment of students and residents by setting and correcting examination papers, and examining at clinical exams
- Participation as examiner at university exams both locally and overseas at sister campuses
- Coordination of university examinations (MBBS finals, DM exams)
- Participating as a member of various university boards
- Participation in university quality assurance
- Playing a leading role in research in the Faculty and at the QEH
- Supervision of DM residents in their research projects
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties by August 1, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Detailed applications (two copies) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience and biodata and three (3) signed up-to-date referee reports should be sent as soon as possible to The Assistant Registrar (Human Resources), The University of the West Indies, P.O. Box 64, Bridgetown, Barbados. Fax (246) 417-0330; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your first and higher degrees were obtained from different Universities, please provide a referee report from each University and one referee should be a member of your present organization. A Job Application Pack is available from our website: www.cavehill.uwi.edu/hr/careers.aspx.
The closing date for completed applications (Application Form, CV, referee reports and degree transcripts) is March 24, 2018.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
North, South & Central America