Free open Job in North, South & Central America Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer, Literatures in English at University of the West Indies
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate should possess or should be close to completion of a PhD in Literatures in English.
Candidates must also possess:
- Relevant teaching experience at the tertiary level
- Strong publication profile commensurate with candidate’s stage of career
- Scholarly background in Shakespeare
Candidates with the following will have an advantage:
- Scholarly background in Renaissance, Romantic or Victorian literature
- Experience in teaching creative writing
A scholarly background in poetry will be an asset.
- Researching and high-quality publishing
- Teaching a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Literatures in English
- Supervising postgraduate research projects
- Assessing and examining student work
- Contributing to the administrative functioning of the Department, and to the cultural and intellectual life of the university
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also:
- Be willing to collaborate with colleagues in teaching, administration and research projects
- Have a flexible and committed disposition to all work-related tasks
- Have excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Have a student-centred and student-focused disposition
- Have an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and/or research
Detailed application and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the Campus Registrar, c/o HR Division (Appointments Section), Main Administration Building, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. via e-mail: HRApplications@sta.uwi.edu. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms may be obtained at http://www.sta.uwi.edu in the Faculty & Staff, Staff Vacancies section. Further particulars including remuneration package may also be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the Campus Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University. Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
Deadline for Application: 2020 January 19