Free open Job in North, South & Central America Innovation and Commercialization Support at Institute of Health Economics (IHE)
Institute of Health Economics (IHE)
|Location:||Edmonton – Canada|
|Salary:||Competitive remuneration package.|
|Placed on:||1st December 2017|
|Expires:||1st February 2018|
Start Date: 1st January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Competitive remuneration package.
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
The Alberta-based Institute of Health Economics (IHE) conveys evidence based research on complex health care issues to provincial and national decision makers in health policy and practice. The IHE is an independent, not-for-profit organization that receives support from partners in government, academia, and industry with key competencies in:
- Health economics & decision analytic modeling
- Health technology assessment
- Knowledge Transfer/Exchange
Following the appointment of Dr Christopher McCabe as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, the Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is seeking to appoint two Senior Health Economists, to join the Institute, for the next phase of our development as a leading health economics and policy research organization.
Senior Health Economist, Innovation and Commercialization Support
The successful candidate will have a PhD in Economics/Health Economics or a closely related field, and ideally 6 years post PhD experience, including team leadership responsibilities. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and strong inter-personal skills are essential. Applicants with a specialization in decision analytic cost effectiveness modelling, economic evaluations alongside clinical trials, and health outcomes measurement and valuation would be particularly. Demonstrated expertise in using Routine Data/Real World Evidence in the economic evaluation of health technologies would be extremely valuable. Evidence of successful working in a multi-disciplinary team is an essential requirement. Knowledge of Canadian Health Care systems would be advantageous. Experience of working in a commercial environment, or in a role that required extensive engagement with commercial partners, is highly desirable.
Position duties will include:
- Leading the development of health economics project proposals, including headroom analyses, economic evaluations, and value of information assessments for MNE Biopharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Health IT companies.
- Working with other members of the Commercialisation Support team in developing health technology assessment value dossier proposals.
- Liaising with partners in the Alberta Real World Evidence Consortium on proposal development and delivery of commissioned projects.
- Liaising with Alberta SME support agencies to develop and deliver health economic support to Alberta SMEs.
- Developing work plans for the successful execution of commissioned work.
- Project management of commissioned health economics projects.
The post holder will be supported by the IHEs in-house administration, communications, and events management teams as required.
More details are available from www.ihe.ca / https://www.ihe.ca/about/careers.
IHE is located in downtown Edmonton and provides an excellent working environment. This position comes with a very competitive salary and benefits package. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter and CV and contact Dr McCabe’s Office (email@example.com) to arrange an informal discussion prior.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
North, South & Central America