Free open Job in North, South & Central America Health Economist – Decision Modelling at Institute of Health Economics (IHE)
Date of Posting: February 5, 2020
Deadline for Application: February 21, 2020 (all applications received prior to the closing date will be considered; the position will remain open until filled)
Time Commitment: The position is offered on a full- or part-time basis
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is recruiting to support the Health Economics team’s growing portfolio of work with government and non-profit research sponsors. We are seeking candidates with experience in economic modelling, to undertake work in the design and conduct of economic evaluations in health care. The successful candidate will have experience in cost-effectiveness analysis for resource allocation decisions, for example, in the analysis of clinical trial data or the development of decision analytic models. The post-holder(s) will undertake the design, conduct, and analysis of a range of study types, on behalf of government, healthcare providers, and other non-profit research sponsors. The role will suit individuals confident in working within multi-disciplinary research teams.
Roles and Activities:
The specific responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Development and implementation of research studies, including model- and trial-based cost-effectiveness analyses, return-on-investment (ROI) modelling, and evaluation of policy
- Consultation with key experts for data collection and study validation
- Literature searches and critical appraisals for the purpose of model data retrieval
- Project coordination, when applicable
- Preparation of research reports, publications for scientific journals, and presentations for conferences
- Publishing and presenting analyses within various forums to a variety of stakeholders
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Health Economics, Economics, or related discipline preferred
- Candidates with significant relevant experience and a relevant undergraduate degree will be considered
- Experience and demonstrated ability in developing and analyzing economic models using R, Python, Stata, MS Excel, or other similar software packages
- Experience in applied health economic evaluation/cost-effectiveness analysis preferred
- Experience in HTA would be a strong asset
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills
- Time management skills and ability to self-supervise
Salary and Benefits:
Remuneration is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The IHE offers a competitive benefits package, including a health/dental plan and pension contribution.
Early and mid-level career professionals are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and CV by February 21, 2020, close of business (4 p.m. MST), to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.) For further enquiries about the post or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact Dr. Jeff Round (email@example.com).
About the Institute of Health Economics:
The IHE is a not-for-profit organization that assists decision-makers in health policy and practice with the results from economic evaluations, costing, organizational performance, and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with syntheses of findings from research in health technology assessment (HTA). We specialize in producing health economic evidence including decision analytic modelling, econometric analysis, HTA, and knowledge transfer/exchange.
For more information about the IHE, our team, and our work, please visit www.ihe.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.