Free open Job in North, South & Central America Head of Internal Audit at Government of Montserrat
2 Years FTC commencing November 2019
The Government of Montserrat (GoM) is seeking to recruit a Head of Internal Audit, within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management. This is a challenging and rewarding post working for the Government of Montserrat (GoM). It offers the opportunity to take part in the further development of Internal Audit on Montserrat. The Internal Audit Section (IAS) within The Ministry of Finance is looking to strengthen the IAS we are seeking an individual to lead its development so as to create an effective public sector internal team, carrying out internal audit across the public sector organisations and principally the Government of Montserrat.
CANDIDATES EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Over a fixed term of 2 years the post holder will be responsible for developing the internal audit function. Given the importance of good governance GoM is seeking to reform internal audit with a view to the section driving improvements across GoM and ensure good governance is at the heart of the decision making of the organisation.
Therefore, GoM seeks to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced leader to deliver its vision. The Adviser shall, among other things, strengthen and or establish the following:
- A training program for capacity building and development of all internal audit staff through on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring;
- Develop a review process or procedures for the internal audit unit to ensure the strategic plan produces the desired performance goals;
- Review the internal audit framework, develop and implement recommendations to improve the service; and
- Review the structure of the internal audit service and provide recommendations to the Financial Secretary as to suggested improvements
The Candidate must be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills and experience summarised below:
- Educated to a relevant degree level;
- CCAB qualified (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS or Chartered Accountants) or a full chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA);
- Ideally a minimum of five years’ experience leading an Internal Audit team at a senior level;
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
- For a period of year (2) years; and
- The total remuneration package for the post is around EC$210,000.00 (taxable) per annum. In addition, a transport and shipping allowance, if required, would be paid.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Head of Internal Audit can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Re-Advertised-Head-of-Internal-Audit-TOR-28-8-19.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the post of Head of Internal Audit visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms – (click on ‘Forms’). or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail email@example.com, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
Completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat by Wednesday September 25th, 2019.