Free open Job in North, South & Central America Education Psychologist at Government of Montserrat
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of EDUCATION PSYCHOLOGIST in the Ministry of Education, Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of Montserrat.
To facilitate learning and to promote the cognitive, social, and personal development of all students
- Identifying and assessing the learning, development, and adjustment characteristics and needs of individuals and groups, as well as, the environmental factors that affect learning and adjustment. Uses assessment data about the student and his/her environment(s) in developing appropriate interventions (such as IEPs) and programs;
- Using available and where possible industry standard diagnostic tools to identify the learning and behavioural needs of students;
- Providing interventions to students to support the teaching process and to maximize learning and adjustment;
- Providing consultation and training to parents, teachers, other school personnel, and community agencies to enhance the learning and adjustment of students;
- Assisting in the planning, development, and evaluation of programs to meet identified learning and adjustment needs;
- Delivering a planned and coordinated program of psychological services;
The candidate should possess the following:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Educational Psychology;
- Ideally five years’ experience in a school or educational setting;
- Knowledge and experience in implementing a Montessori learning environment would be highly desirable;
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
The total remuneration package for the post of Education Psychologist is EC$210,000 (taxable) per annum.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Education Psychologist can be viewed by clicking on the link http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/TOR-Education-Psychologist-TC-R.pdf
The successful applicant will be:
- Engaged on a two year performance-based contract.
- eligible to receive a gratuity of 12.5% of the basic salary upon successful completion of the contract
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the post of Education Psychologist visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms – (click on ‘Forms’). or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
Completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat by 4:00 p.m. Friday 25th October, 2019.