Free open Job in North, South & Central America Dental Officer at Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Dental Officer in the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
To provide clinical dental services on island
Main Responsibilities include:
- Assesses patients and determines the most appropriate oral treatment to administer;
- Advises the Dental Nurses and Dental Assistants on more complex cases;
- Exercises judgment while performing minor surgery and other treatment to patients;
- Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and chooses the most appropriate;
- Diagnosing periodontal disease, determining and performing treatment on clients;
- Practicing highly intricate clinical procedures e.g. Root Canal therapy.
- Prioritizing and targeting user groups in public education campaigns to improve oral health;
- Determines and recommends policy to support the equitable and quality delivery of dental services;
- Appraises and determines training needs by the dental team and provides that training where applicable.
Person Specification/Key Skills Requirements (Qualifications, Experience and Interpersonal):
The Applicant should possess the following:
- Minimum of BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) or its equivalent that meets the requirement for registration to practice Dental Surgery in Montserrat
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures
- Proven working experience with ideally five (5) years as a Dental surgeon
- Excellent technical, analytical, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and ability to provide the following services:
- Diagnostics, charting and treatment planning
- Permanent multi-surface restoration comprising silver amalgam alloy or composite plastic or glass ionomer cements or acrylic material
- Temporary restorations and treatment dressings comprised of zinc oxide or other cement
- Extractions – permanent and deciduous teeth
- Periodontal therapy
- Provision of drug treatment and issuing of prescription as required
- Root canal therapy
- Other palliative and emergency treatment/management
- Performance and interpretation of Dental radiographs of teeth
- Prophylaxis or scaling and polishing of teeth.
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment will be on a contractual basis for a period of two years.
- Eligible to receive a gratuity of 12.5% of the basic salary upon successful completion of the contract
Total remuneration package including allowances for the above captioned post is $220,000.00 ECD (taxable)
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the terms of reference and the post of Dental Officer please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
Application forms can be obtained from the Government of Montserrat’s website at www.gov.ms (click on ‘Find a Government Job’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail to email@example.com or by telephone at (+664) 491-2365/2444 or by fax at (+664) 491-6234. Certified copies of qualifications, as well as the names and letters of two referees must be submitted with your application.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resource Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Thursday, January 09, 2020