Free open Job in North, South & Central America Customer Success Advocate (UK) – StarRez
StarRez is renowned for impacting millions of students’ lives every year with industry leading software. We have a global customer base of over 550 major institutions, supported by a global team. Many of the most prestigious Universities, Colleges and Property Managers across the globe rely on StarRez to transform the student residential experience.
StarRez is growing rapidly and as a result our Customer Support team is looking for a talented Customer Success Advocate to join our UK team. Working closely with the US & AU teams, you will initially work remotely until a UK Office has been established.
This role could be for you if you have 1, preferably 2+ years direct experience using a StarRez software solution in a higher education or conference management setting.
If you have worked with the StarRez product in the residential life setting and want to expand your technical knowledge while empowering the StarRez user community, consider this role.
We are looking for applicants who are higher education housing and conference experts and would be considered StarRez application power users. Applicants should be able to provide quick and friendly guidance on user help queries and determine the best path for solving more technical support tickets. This is an Application Support Role where Customer Service and Customer success are your cornerstone.
It would be a bonus (but not essential) if you have demonstrated direct experience with database management-including designing and writing queries, developing reports, and maintaining data integrity with programs such as Access, and Microsoft SQL.
Your primary responsibilities as a Customer Success Advocate include:
- Expertly assisting StarRez customers using our proprietary best-of-class residential community software
- Maintaining a positive and confident manner while conducting StarRez Application support activities via telephone, email, IM chat, and remote connections with range of non-technical and technical users
- Evaluating, Triage, or directly resolving technical issues for example: integration, database, IIS,
windows or network problems while following the escalation management process
- Tracking and accurately recording billable work as completed
- Entering inquiries and updates into StarRez CRM system & development database
- Documenting new procedures
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues and bringing new ideas to the table
- Providing a superior level of technical support with a positive and confident approach in a help desk and general support environment
As a Customer Success Advocate you will have:
- Ideally 2 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and customers
- Ability to prioritize your time and activities to meet deadlines
- Experience with university or college housing, residential life, or student accommodation/reservation system
- Experience working within a remote computing environment (VPNs, RDP, etc.)
- Basic working knowledge of SQL
- Experience Trouble shooting Applications
At StarRez we’re always looking to expand our energetic team, so we’re on the lookout for someone who:
- Is self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work independently as well as within a team
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Can successfully build rapport with stakeholders
- Has proven communication skills – both verbal and written
- Is able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under pressure and within time constraints in a fast-paced team oriented environment
The benefits of working for StarRez
StarRez is committed to keeping their employees happy. As a StarRez employee you will have the opportunity to attend regular team events, professional development opportunities and potentially travel overseas to our international offices (Denver Colorado & Melbourne, Australia).
StarRez is a highly engaged company and one that prides itself on taking care of its employees & customers. Our culture and values are the foundation of our success and at the core of our business. We focus on customer service, teamwork, positive attitudes, taking responsibility, building relationships, managing expectations and something we love to call the Z-Factor which is our passion, innovation, care and enthusiasm.
If you want to join an innovative company that allows you to share your knowledge and embrace the latest in technology to make a difference, then we want to hear from you!
In order to be considered for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below and ensure you attach a copy of your cover letter and resume with up to date contact information and employment history
StarRez is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.