Free open Job in North, South & Central America Counsellor at Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Counsellor, within the Ministry of Health and Social Services.
The selected applicant as Counsellor will assist in providing counselling support to the population of Montserrat.
The details are outlined as follows:
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Counsellor will be responsible for:
- Provide counselling to individuals and groups using various counselling approaches.
- Conduct screening assessments to identify mental health issues, risks and protective factors to guide the mental health interventions.
- Provide a safe environment conducive to emotional exploration and processing of experiences and gaining insight into relevant issues, so that these issues could be resolved if possible.
- Make appropriate referrals for care to the necessary complementary or auxiliary services.
- Work in partnership across key agencies or care providers to ensure comprehensive care plans.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Evaluate the effective of the counselling intervention and modify the treatment plan if necessary.
- Maintain client records and other paperwork relevant to the client (e.g. assessment; diagnoses; progress notes etc), and keep these records confidential.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Counselling.
- Ideally 2-5 years working experience with various demographics.
- Have knowledge of different counselling approaches
- Knowledge of human behaviour
- Knowledge of evidence-based assessment and therapeutic interventions.
- Maintain a current and recognised professional accreditation or licensing body and membership should be maintained for the duration of the period of engagement.
- Knowledge and Skills in the principles and practices in Counselling
- Facilitation and Counselling Skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Organising and planning skills
- Computer literacy
- Conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
- Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful applicant.
Basic Salary is at R17, that is EC$58,896.00 per annum (taxable).
- Market Premium $60,000 per annum (taxable)
- Housing $36,000 per annum (taxable)
- Transport $9,600 per annum (non-Taxable)
- Telephone $720.00 per annum (taxable)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Budget Director can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/TOR-Counsellor-Final.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the post of Counsellor please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
To apply send your completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter to the Human Resource Management Unit to email@example.com.
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday 05th February, 2020.