Free open Job in North, South & Central America Chief Surveyor at Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is seeking applications for from suitably qualified persons for the post of Chief Surveyor, Lands and Survey, within the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade, Lands, Housing and the Environment.
CANDIDATES QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE PROFILE
Candidates should possess:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Land Surveying. Having a Masters degree in Land Management or a related field will be an asset.
- Ideally (10) years experience in undertaking and managing boundary (cadastral) surveys and topographical surveys and ideally 5 years experience in a managerial position within a Survey related field with responsibilities in land surveying and mapping.
- Knowledge of modern surveying and mapping technology including digital systems, GPS, and GIS.
- Knowledge of land law, Land Registration and Administration
- Knowledge of Local legislation related to surveying, mapping and registration
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent professional qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient and effective time management
- The skills of team leadership, drive and staff motivation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
- Appointment on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years;
- The remuneration package for the post is EC$146,680.00 (taxable) per annum, broken down as follows:
- Basic Salary – EC$74,760.00 (taxable)
- Housing EC$18,000.00 (taxable)
- Entertainment EC$3,600.00 (non-taxable)
- Travel EC$9,600.00 (non-taxable)
- Telephone EC$720.00 (taxable)
- Market Premium EC$40, 000.00 (taxable)
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Chief Surveyor, Lands and Survey Department, within the Ministry of Agriculture, Trade, Lands, Housing and the Environment, can be obtained from the attached link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Terms-of-Reference-Chief%20Surveyor-22-5-19.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.gov.ms – (click on ‘Forms’) or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and copies of relevant academic qualifications.
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail. These should be addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer, Human Resource Management Unit, Government Headquarters, Brades, Montserrat.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interview and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interview will allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 03, 2020.