Free open Job in North, South & Central America Call for Applications: Fulbright – Lloyd’s Scholar Award at The US-UK Fulbright Commission
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for the 2021-22 Lloyd’s Scholar Award.
This award provides two grants for UK academics or professionals to pursue research into any subject related to risk for a period of 3-12 months. The research may be conducted at any accredited US university. Suggested research areas include but are not limited to:
- Climate change: mitigation and management of risk
- Cyber Risk – how do we begin to quantify potential systemic exposures?
- Digitisation, automation, artificial intelligence and robotic systems
- Earthquake / Volcanic activity: methodologies for assessing the economic and social impacts
- Energy risks and insurance
- Human disasters, such as epidemics and famines
- Risk accumulation over multiple extreme natural events
- Political risk: frameworks for measuring political stability and the likelihood of trade disruption
- Reputational harm: frameworks for measuring threats and exposures
- Social media and insurance
- Understanding risk in data poor environments
The Fulbright-Lloyd’s Award offers the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend of $5,000 per month
- Sickness and accident benefit coverage
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop and a 2-day Orientation Programme
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Institute of International Education
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Eligibility requirements: Applicants must be UK academics who hold or expect to receive a PhD (or equivalent professional training or experience) in a relevant area before departure to the US. Those who hold or who are eligible to hold US citizenship may not apply for a UK Scholar Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission. Full eligibility guidelines can be found in the Award Terms and Conditions and Application instructions on the Fulbright website.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm, Monday 9 November 2020 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button above.