Free open Job in North, South & Central America British Heart Foundation Scholar Award at The US-UK Fulbright Commission
Location: Any higher education institution in the USA
Call for Applications
The US-UK Fulbright Commission is now accepting applications for the British Heart Foundation Scholar Award 2019-20.
The Fulbright-British Heart Foundation Scholar Award provides an opportunity for a postdoctoral academic researcher to pursue a period of research into biomedical or clinical aspects of cardiovascular disease at any higher education institution in the USA.
This award covers any appropriate 12-month research project and welcomes applications from clinical and non-clinical postdoctoral academic researchers.
The Fulbright Commission looks for strong research projects with evidence of academic excellence, demonstrable ambassadorial skills, ambition and leadership potential, and a desire to further the Fulbright Programme and give back to the UK upon return.
The Award offers the following benefits:
- A monthly salary commensurate with grantee’s experience and in line with UK national pay scales. This is intended as a contribution towards any institutional fees and accommodation & maintenance costs while in the USA.
- One return economy fare to the US
- Reasonable health insurance coverage for the grantee.
- Visa sponsorship
- Substantial pre-departure support, including a Finalists Workshop (March) and a 2-day Orientation Programme (June or July)
- Once on-the-ground in the US, further support is offered by the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES)
- Membership of an extensive Fulbright Alumni network after grant completion
Eligibility requirements: Applicants must hold or expect to receive a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Master’s, PhD or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area before departure to the US. Those who hold US citizenship may not apply for a UK Scholar Award from the US-UK Fulbright Commission.
Closing Date: 5pm, Tuesday 6 November 2018 for complete applications
For full information and to apply please click the Apply button below.