Free open Job in North, South & Central America Audit Manager (Tax) at Government of Montserrat
Government of Montserrat (GoM), Caribbean Island
2 Years FTC
The Government of Montserrat (GoM) is seeking to recruit an Audit Manager (Tax), within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management. This is a challenging and rewarding post working for the Government of Montserrat (GoM) in the Caribbean. The Ministry has approved a new structure and is currently filling the technical roles and providing training to staff. We are seeking to strengthen the audit and taxpayer verification unit by filling the post of Audit Manager (Tax) within The Montserrat Customs and Revenue Service (MCRS).
CANDIDATES EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
Over a fixed term of 2 years the post holder will be responsible for developing the Tax internal audit function.
GoM seeks to recruit an enthusiastic, experienced leader to deliver its vision. The Adviser shall, among other things, strengthen and or establish the following:
- Advises on the carrying out of tax audit planning tasks and the coordination of projects in conformance with professional and QIA audit standards;
- Providing guidance on identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analysing evidence of audit assignments;
- Develops tax audit methodology, scope of assurance projects, resource requirements, terms of reference and work plans to provide assurance on ministry risk and measure the achievement of ministry business objectives;
- Contribute to the ongoing continuous improvement in the development of a quality assurance program for the unit and continuous improvement activities.
The Candidate must be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills and experience summarised below:
- Educated to a relevant degree level;
- CCAB qualified (ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, ICAS or Chartered Accountants) or a full chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA);
- Ideally five years’ experience leading an Audit team at a senior level;
- Possess Accounting and Auditing skills with the ability to provide guidance to staff and experience in leading an Audit Unit and Team;
- A proven track record in the development, application and enhance of a tax audit service, would be desirable; and
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills to prepare audit reports, taxation p and communication with stakeholders.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The terms and conditions applicable for this appointment include:
- For a period of (2) years; and
- The total remuneration package for the post is around EC$250,000.00 (taxable) per annum. In addition, a transport and shipping allowance will be payable.
Detailed Terms of Reference for the role can be obtained from the following link at http://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Tax-Audit-Manager-TOR-22012020.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the post of Tax Audit Manager please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
To apply send your completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter to the Human Resource Management Unit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m Monday, February 24, 2019.