Free open Job in North, South & Central America Audit Manager at Government of Montserrat
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of AUDIT MANAGER, Internal Audit Unit within the Ministry of Finance and Economic Management.
To assist in the management of the Internal Audit Team and undertake audit assignments as directed by the Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) with the objective to improve internal control and mitigating risk within the Government of Montserrat and associated Statutory Bodies.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the CIA in the strategic and operational audit planning process and undertake detailed audit assignments and risk based system audits as directed by the CIA.
- Making pragmatic recommendations for improvements to the system of internal control.
- Maintaining working papers in compliance with the International Internal Auditing Standards and the GOM Internal Audit Manual.
- Preparing draft reports in conclusion to the assigned audits and present these to Accounting Officers to provide feedback before finalisation and agreed action plan for the implementation of recommendations.
- Monitoring the follow up process concerning implementation status of recommendations.
- Acting as CIA when appropriate.
- Facilitating risk management workshops to assist management identify, categorise, measure and mitigate business, financial and operational risks throughout the Government of Montserrat. Prepare risk assessment reports in conclusion to the exercises.
- Contributing to the continuous development of the Internal Audit function by undertaking research into new working practices, attending relevant courses and undertaking academic studies to further knowledge in the sector.
- Supervise and supporting staff in their professional development and in undertaking their assigned tasks.
- Leading an audit team planning and preparing audit programmes for the delivery of specific tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicants should:
- Be qualified in a professional accountancy qualification (CAAB – (ACCA, CAI, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent accounting qualification) or a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (MIIA)
- Have accumulated knowledge of internal control protocols, accounting systems, and contract management and information systems.
- Have ideally 3 years recent practical working experience in an audit or accounting environment preferably with at least 1 year at a senior level.
- Have a university degree in related field.
- Have a working knowledge of Smart Stream and other Accounting systems.
- Be objective when completing the work and drawing conclusions.
- Understand business strategy.
- Have the ability to work alone as well as part of a team and have the ability to learn quickly.
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a two year contract.
The total remuneration package for the post of Audit Manager is EC$180,000.00 (taxable) per annum.
Travel – EC$9,600 per annum
HOW TO APPLY
For detailed information on the post of Audit Manager please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
To apply send your completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter to the Human Resource Management Unit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Tuesday 04th February, 2020.