Free open Job in North, South & Central America Associate Chair of Fashion Marketing and Management & Luxury and Fashion Management at Savannah College of Art and Design, Georgia, USA
The SCAD fashion marketing and management program prepares students for cross-functional careers in a global marketplace that includes fashion, business, and marketing. SCAD Atlanta seeks a full-time associate chair of fashion merchandising and luxury management to join a highly creative and motivated team developing the next generation of fashion buyers, marketers, product developers, and retail and wholesale merchandisers.
The associate chair is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the academic department, directing department resources and faculty, and developing program curriculum. You’ll oversee the department budget and its implementation, evaluate professors through class observations and student surveys, work with the associate dean to provide professional development opportunities for faculty, and develop a strategic plan that is consistent with the goals of the SCAD School of Fashion.
The associate chair fosters interdepartmental collaboration to enhance the reputation of the program in academic and professional circles, and works with the admission department to contribute to recruitment efforts to bring talented students to SCAD. The associate chair may also teach classes annually, as assigned.
The ideal candidate has experience in international, luxury, or nontraditional fashion marketing and management, and professional recognition with broad, documented experience in the fashion business. The candidate should have proven leadership, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills, the ability to motivate students and faculty of diverse backgrounds to think critically and creatively, and bring innovation, energy, and personal and professional integrity to their work.
This is your chance to work with talented students in a thriving metropolis that is home to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofit organizations, design firms, fine art galleries, and more.
- M.B.A. or a terminal degree or its equivalent in fashion management and marketing or a related field
- Excellent skills in buying or merchandising, product development, trend forecasting, retailing and wholesaling, fashion marketing and management, visual merchandising and visual communications
- Working knowledge in the areas of branding, innovation, e-commerce, digital marketing, and social media desired
- Experience with curriculum development
- University-level teaching, leadership, and supervisory experience preferred