Free open Job in North, South & Central America Assistant Professor Urban Design & Architecture at University of Nevada, Las Vegas
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for Assistant Professor Urban Design & Architecture, UNLV College of Fine Arts [R0118064]
ROLE OF THE POSITION
The UNLV SoA invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor in Urban Design and Architecture. Graduates of the programs are prepared to make a seamless transition into a new era of architectural and urban design thinking and to successfully engage in the practice of providing professional urban design services. The program responds to the increasingly complex needs of populations diverse in age, abilities, and cultural backgrounds that can be creatively addressed with innovative urban design strategies. The School of Architecture’s faculty is committed to contributing to the Carnegie distinction of an “R1-Research University/Very High”. By joining us, you will have an exciting opportunity to bring in new ideas and vision to help us further develop and expand the school. The candidate will contribute significantly to the school’s teaching and research portfolios in the area of urban design (encompassing urbanism); and should be creatively-focused with design-based expertise in sustainable architecture, environmental design and urbanism.
This is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track, Assistant Professor position, which will begin January 1, 2020 (spring semester) or later.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Function effectively across disciplines integral to Urban Design, Architecture, and Landscape Urbanism;
- Lead highly-creative design activities and studios;
- Productively engage teaching and research in areas of green urbanism, hospitality urban design, theory of city design, urban studies, housing, site planning, urban infrastructure, transportation and water management, urban ecology, and/or land-use;
- Participate in the continuing development of the programs and their curricula;
- Productively pursue a robust funded research agenda with high-quality publication output;
- Productively engage the academic and professional communities;
- Make service contributions within the University, College, School, and the professional community including but not limited to: committee assignments, community outreach, curricular assessment and review, maintaining accreditation standards, and student mentorship;
- be a strong and forward-looking advocate of progressive urban design thinking in a fast-growing metropolitan region.