Free open Job in North, South & Central America Adjunct Professor/Lecturer – The Business of Fashion
Fordham University London Centre is seeking to appoint an adjunct professor for a level one course in the Business of Fashion (MKBU 3436)) – starting from 7 July 2021. This is an intensive course taught in three, three hour blocks each week for four weeks.
Students will be studying how fashion brands are designed, manufactured, marketed and distributed within a global context. The class captures the dynamics of the fashion industry, with its various components, by emphasising the changing nature of the industry – technological, organisational and by emphasising changes in the global nature of the industries involved.
Successful candidates must be experienced and effective teachers, able to cater for the diverse student body and engage students in the subject matter so that they are fully prepared for their journey through the bachelor degree.
Approximately 600 students study each year at the Fordham University London Centre from Fordham’s School of Arts & Science and the Gabelli School of Business.
● Teaching the Business of Fashion
● Preparation of teaching materials for the course
● Providing updated syllabus and course pack/reader details by the required deadline
● Providing academic advising either face-to-face or by email
● Arranging/accompanying students on co-curricular trips, and inviting guest speakers where appropriate
● Setting and administering examinations and others assessments – setting examination questions, invigilation and marketing when required
● Attendance at academic staff meetings (up to two per semester)
● Masters degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field
● Relevant teaching experience in higher education and proven teaching effectiveness
● Excellent communication skills and responsive to students and the administration
● PhD in a relevant field (or nearing completion)
● Previous experience of teaching within US higher education
● Research experience, publications and interests in the subject area
Person Specification An individual who can develop effective working relationships with both academic and administrative staff. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the UK. If you are not a UK citizen, please address your right to work in the UK in your covering letter.
Salary £4,200 plus 3% pension contribution
Application Applicants should submit a detailed CV and covering letter to the Interim Head/Director of Academic Affairs, Mark Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION