Job offer in london Supplier Liaison at Pearson College London
Fixed term (9 months initially to perm for the right candidate)
About Pearson College London:
Our mission is clear: to become one of the UK’s leading universities for in-depth industry engagement. As a pioneering Higher Education Institution (HEI), we’re transforming industry today and tomorrow, by designing and delivering education powered by industry experience.
At Pearson College London, industry engagement drives us; it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. And it is what will take us, and our students, into the future. Every university focuses on “employability” – what sets us apart is the level of industry engagement that we’re able to offer. Industry engagement is at the core of everything that we do; our industry partners deliver workshops for our students, they also design, develop and deliver our courses, offer our students internship opportunities, set them live briefs and attend their end of term showcases.
When you combine higher education and industry, everyone benefits. Especially when there’s a need for graduates to stand out from the crowd in a competitive market.
We are looking for a Supplier Liaison to rigorously manage purchase orders and invoicing for our freelance staff and suppliers. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will possess exceptional organizational and time management skills, and experience working successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Raising purchase orders for freelance staff and suppliers;
- Requesting new supplier set up;
- Liaising with freelance staff and suppliers on invoicing and payments;
- Liaising with Accounts Payable team to resolve payments issues/queries;
- Reviewing invoices received to help ensure that they are Pearson compliant;
- Familiarise oneself with relevant systems (Coupa, Markview);
- Produce monthly management reports and analysis on costings;
- Creating documentation (such as FAQs; guidelines; templates) for freelance staff and suppliers;
- Attending freelance teaching staff induction and presenting on the invoicing and payment processes and procedures;
- Constantly reviewing and improving processes;
- Attending relevant trainings as required.
- Providing ongoing additional support to the PCL management team as required.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Organized and methodical;
- Strong numeracy skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills to work with tact and diplomacy with a wide range of people;
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word;
- Calm under pressure;
- Problem solving;
- Outstanding customer service;
Essential previous experience and qualifications:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent;
- At least two years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Experience of using database systems, such as SAP, Oracle or Coupa;
- Qualification (or working towards) in bookkeeping or accounting;