Job offer in london Senior UX Designer at The Wellcome Trust
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our evolving and ambitious team at Wellcome, who will lead the design of one of our product areas, creating easy-to-use, thoughtful product experiences and engaging interfaces.
Wellcome is an inspiring, friendly and creative working environment where you’ll be designing experiences and the technology to help the Wellcome Trust to achieve its goal: to improve health for everyone by helping great ideas to thrive.
We work on products that play a key role in what Wellcome does, whether it’s funding, policy and advocacy, public engagement, education, impact and productivity. And by focusing on the people who use those products, you will help to make sure they are solving real problems.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for championing user-centred product design, proactively seeking opportunities to share your experiences and approaches
- Listen to users, partnering with user research to identify opportunities to share compelling stories about the customer experience in order to persuade, and recommend ways our current experience could be improved
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with fellow designers, engineers, product managers and business leaders to develop design solutions
- Rapidly craft, test and iterate concepts and prototypes, understanding when a lo-fi sketch will do the job, and Knowing when to add more detail
- Ensure a consistent experience across products and platforms
Please see full job description [Link]
Experience & Skills
To be successful you will:
- Be the sort of person who loves sketching out early concepts, getting into the detail of a problem to simplify an experience
- Let people lead the way, understanding how and when to get your designs in front of users for feedback to help you shape the next iteration
- Be an excellent communicator who can facilitate workshops and lead meetings, work well in a team and with stakeholders
- Have strong user experience skills, an understanding of digital accessibility and have previously worked on sites with diverse user groups
- Share situations where you have led the solution for a significant user journey and developed the process/approach for tackling a problem
- Have proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional peers and teams to develop concepts and products
- Help us build a strong design and learning culture by sharing your experiences with the design team, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organisation, and actively participating in the London and global design community
Education & Qualifications
We are more looking for your work projects than education or qualification. Please do include a link to your portfolio within your cover letter.
- Generous pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- On-site gym and fitness classes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised restaurant and cafés
- Paid time for volunteering in our local area
- Staff discounts in the Wellcome Collection café and bookshop
- Sports and social activities