Job offer in london Residence Life Supervisor (RLS) at Foundation for International Education
Foundation for International Education
per annum, from which £1,613.50 gross will be deducted per annum for subsidised accommodation in a student residence in London
|Placed on:||11th May 2017|
|Closes:||5th June 2017|
Location: London, England – the position is live-in, and applicants must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, as well as UK bank and public holidays
The Foundation for International Education (www.fie.org.uk) is an international higher education organisation working in partnership with universities and colleges (primarily from the US) to provide immersive study abroad programmes for undergraduate students in London, Dublin, and Amman.
FIE is currently seeking qualified, enthusiastic, and confident applicants for the following part-time, four-month fixed-term position with an August 2017 start date. The position will be based in a residence hall, where the successful candidate will be responsible for providing pastoral care to FIE students.
Job Summary: The Residence Life Supervisor will have the following key responsibilities:
- Acting as a first point of contact for students, offering guidance and support, and dealing with emergencies and conflicts when they arise
- Fulfilling on-call duties on a weekly rota basis
- Ensuring a safe, appropriately maintained student environment, conducive to learning
- Developing a strong sense of community and enforcing residence life policies as necessary
- Fostering good working relationships with neighbours, colleagues and the extended FIE Team
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- An undergraduate degree
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to work under pressure and to use initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a student-centred philosophy
- Excellent administrative, organisational and problem-solving abilities
- Competence in working both independently and within a team environment
- An understanding of London and its culture
- Knowledge of and experience in residence life and/or student services
For more information on how to apply, and to see the full job description, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Based on the UKVI Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers, this position most closely matches a Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code 2010 skilled to NQF level 4. Therefore, it does not meet the current criteria for sponsorship of non-EEA and non-Swiss citizens under Tier 2 of the points-based system, except under specific circumstances as specified in the linked document (p. 8). Successful applicants must be legally eligible to work more than 20 hours/week. Please bear in mind that a person in the UK under Tier 4 (General) of the points-based system can only work up to 20 hours/week during term time.
Application Deadline & Interviews: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a final deadline of Monday, June 5th 2017 at 9:00 AM BST. Interviews will be conducted in London up until the week of June 12th 2017.
FIE promotes equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback