Job offer in london IT Project Manager (Fixed Term, 2 Years) at The Royal Veterinary College, University of London
Fixed Term Post – 2 years.
The Infrastructure Services Directorate (ISD) is committed to the continual improvement of the technologies and services which underpin just about every aspect of the College’s life. We are committed to ensuring that technology is working hard to support innovative research, to deliver unparalleled learning experience to student and support seamless and efficient College operations. To do this effectively ISD is seeking a committed and engaging project manager that can delivery agile and responsive change and project management capability.
As a project manager, you will take ownership for the delivery of IT projects and will have responsibility and autonomy to; scope, design, plan, resource and cost, and implement your project, followed by the transfer to business as usual operation and signing off process.
The successful candidate will have strong project and change management skills and demonstrable experience of successfully delivering IT projects. You will need to establish and operate effective project delivery, reporting and resources management processes systems and frameworks.
You will have:
- Project management experience gained within an IT environment
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- PRINCE2 Practitioner (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the presentation of technical issues for non-specialist audiences
- Understanding of IT project management challenges within a large organisation
- Experience of working with stakeholders, operational teams and external parties
- Risk management and tracking experience
- The ability to apply a flexible approach to project management
This is initially a two year post with the possibility of further extension. This post is based at the College’s Hawkshead Lane campus in Hertfordshire, however, occasional travel will be required to the Camden campus.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org and to apply online please visit our website: jobs.rvc.ac.uk. Please quote ref: ISD-0124-18A
Closing date: 23 September 2018
Interviews are likely to be held on: 27 September 2018
We promote equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcome applications from all sections of the community.