Job offer in london Information and Systems Administrator at Imperial College London
Location: South Kensington (but expected to travel to other campuses)
As Information and Systems Administrator, you will provide technical support to a programme of work aimed at improving the management of information within Faculty of Medicine. You will be a key member of the team, supporting local ICT initiatives to meet current and future requirements and ensuring existing systems are maintained and improved. This will include the administration of the School’s Student Database and an active role in systems handling student information and feedback on the undergraduate medical course. Faculty Education Office wishes to be an early adopter of the College’s new Student Information System (Banner) and the post holder will play a key role in supporting this priority objective and ensuring local initiatives lie within the boundaries of ICT and information governance standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- In liaison with ICT and external partners, design and implement small to medium scale IT solutions to meet current and future requirements of the FEO.
- To support the Information Governance Manager in developing and implementing the FEO’s Information Management and Technology strategies.
- To support and promote information governance best practice across Faculty.
- To contribute to Faculty-wide IT and information management projects.
- To contribute to the support and training of staff in handling data to ensure GDPR compliance. To use systems to provide and analyse quantitative data.
- To support the in-course assessment process.
- To support the administration and development of student information and feedback mechanisms.
- To develop and deliver clear management and reporting mechanisms on student data.
- To identify, under the direction of the Information Governance Manager, opportunities to optimise the use of IT to support the delivery of curriculum within the boundaries of ICT and College standards.
- To audit and map Faculty-wide data processes.
- To develop and deliver clear data management and reporting mechanisms on student placements, evaluations and assessments to inform planning and development.
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in an IT-related discipline (such as Computer Science, Computing, Software Engineering etc.) or equivalent level of knowledge gained through relevant professional work experience.
- Knowledge of core programming tools and languages (such as Visual Basic, Java or similar)
- Knowledge of implementing IT solutions and projects
- Experience of administrating and developing relational databases
- Knowledge of data protection legislation and information security protocol, customising solutions and content for mobile devices (such as smart phones) is also desirable, as is experience of the Higher Education sector (as a student or in a working capacity), and/or the NHS
This is a full time, open-ended appointment.
Should you require any further details on the role contact:
Tom Yates: firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com
The College cannot normally apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship for this post under Tier 2 of the UKVI’s Points Based System. Any candidate, who is considering applying for this position and requires sponsorship, must ensure that they are able to obtain permission to work in the UK through an appropriate immigration route.
Interview date: 25 April 2019