Job offer in london Head of Undergraduate Programmes at BPP University Limited
BPP University Limited
Who we are
The BPP Professional Education Group is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
BPP University Business School provides a range of carefully selected programmes with a professional focus to get our students on track for their business career. Our links with leading businesses help us to design and deliver highly relevant programmes, tailored to meet the needs of today’s business climate.
What you’ll do
This role will drive the educational and commercial success of our Undergraduate Programmes in Business Management, Accounting & Finance and Banking & Finance, contributing to the growth and success of the Business School.
The role holder has overall responsibility for leading the relevant programmes (personally and through the Heads of Programme), ensuring a high quality learning experience for all students and high levels of engagement with the wider academic, professional and regulatory communities.
This role would suit a tutor/academic or programme leader looking for a move into programme management, a Head of Programme looking for more management responsibility or an experienced manager looking for a move into a University. This role is a senior role within the Business School, reporting directly to the Senior Management Team of the School. This is an opportunity to shape the education of hundreds of students over the next few years. We anticipate significant increases in numbers of international students and partnerships/exchanges with overseas Universities and this role is fundamental to this success.
This role is part of a programme team within the Business School and the role holder will be required to lead the undergraduate programmes, which means leading the heads of individual programmes, the module leaders and to represent the School both internally and externally.
- The successful candidate will hold a level 7 academic or professional qualification in business or a related field.
- Ideally you will hold a teaching qualification or Fellowship of the HEA. If you do not currently hold these, a commitment to achieving these through either BPP’s PGCPE (Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Education) or Headway, BPP’s accredited CPD scheme is essential.
- General management experience, specifically the ability to manage and achieve results through others
- Ideally, you will have experience of management of a portfolio of products or services along with practitioner experience relevant to either Accounting and Finance or Business Management
- It is desirable that the individual has experience of management in an academic environment along with practical experience and understanding of the Higher education sector.
- Ability to handle and manage operational complexity
- Ability to make reasoned evidence-based decisions
- Effective and engaging communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to handle complex stakeholder viewpoints
- Ability to facilitate meetings and drive actions and outcomes
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to manage performance
For details on how to apply, please visit: https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/bpp/displayjob.aspx?jobid=2124
Closing date: 3rd November
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback