Job offer in london Alumni Assistant (Chevening) at Association of Commonwealth Universities
The Chevening Secretariat seeks an Alumni Assistant for the UK government’s flagship international scholarship programme. You will provide administrative support across a wide range of areas, both within and outside of the alumni team, in order to support the delivery of the prestigious Chevening programme.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to gain valuable experience in the higher education sector in a truly unique and internationally focused organisation.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) hosts the Chevening Secretariat. The Secretariat manages Chevening Awards– the global awards programme of the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Established in 1983, these awards support Master’s level and higher study at UK universities for over 1,500 outstanding individuals each year from more than 160 countries worldwide. Chevening awardees are future leaders and influencers. The programme now has a network of over 46,000 alumni worldwide, many of whom hold senior positions in government, the media and business.
The alumni relations team supports Chevening and the FCO’s engagement locally and globally with the network of over 46,000 Chevening Alumni. The team manages the central database of alumni, coordinates regular communications with alumni over email and social media channels, and advises colleagues on alumni relations best practice. This role will help provide excellent customer service for our diverse group of alumni.
As an Alumni Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with drafting communications to alumni
- Responding to enquiries by email or telephone
- Helping to manage social media channels
- Helping to keep some website content up to date
- Supporting colleagues on a range of administrative duties
- Carrying out research projects
- Occasional event assistance.
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- Experience of administrative work and dealing with enquiries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with the confidence to interact with a range of stakeholders, including some at senior levels
- Confidence in using social media to monitor conversations and, where necessary, engage with stakeholders
- An understanding and commitment to providing excellent customer care.
Please note that as an assistant in the Chevening Secretariat, you may be called to support any team depending on the prevailing priorities and workloads throughout the year. However, you will be mainly based in the alumni relations team.
Benefits include 27 days holiday per year plus 4 discretionary days and bank holidays, competitive pension scheme, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers and excellent support for learning and development.
As an Alumni Assistant you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.
For further information and details of how to apply, visit www.acu.ac.uk/about-us/vacancies
Please see www.chevening.org for further information about the programme.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
Interview date: 22 June 2017
Start date: As soon as possible in July or August 2017