Job offer in london Admissions Coordinator at Imperial College London
Imperial College London – Imperial College Business School
|Placed on:||17th November 2017|
|Closes:||29th November 2017|
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, customer-orientated administrator to join the Business School as an Admissions Coordinator, responsible for admissions to our postgraduate programmes, with specific focus on MSc Programmes.
You will be the first point of contact for prospective students, guiding them from initial enquiry all the way through to enrolment. You will be a key point of liaison for applicants, academic staff, other Business School teams and College departments to help achieve the goal of recruiting high-quality students to our suite of MSc programmes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- You will have day to day responsibility for assessing new applications in line with programme selection criteria.
- You will ensure a rapid turnaround of applications.
- You will build up a detailed understanding of your programmes in order to play a key role in developing admissions policies and procedures.
- You will be responsible for responding to a high volume of email enquiries in a timely fashion.
- You will build and maintain relationships with prospective students and aid the conversion of high quality applicants
- You will participate in online and on-campus information sessions for prospective students
- You will prepare statistical reports on application numbers and trends.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with a wide variety of people, ranging from prospective students to senior academic staff.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work quickly and methodically to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including experience of preparing and sending mail merges, using spreadsheets and databases, and creating statistical reports.
- Previous experience of working within Higher Education in a customer-focused environment, preferably within an admissions team.
- We are committed to staff development and the College’s Organisational and Staff Development department offers a great range of free training courses for staff.
- The Business School is a great place to work. The Professional Staff Council organises informative lectures, an annual gala awards evening and supports various social clubs such as book, film and board game groups and 5 a side football.
- We are located at the College’s South Kensington Campus, in the middle of London’s museum district and a short stroll from Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.
To view full details and apply, click on the ‘Apply’ button below. Please enter the job title or vacancy reference number into the search field. Please ensure your personal statement consists of no more than 1000 words.
Closing date: 29 November 2017 (midnight GMT)
Should you have any queries about the application process please contact Naz Hussain on 020 7594 1583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imperial Expectations guide the behaviour of all our staff.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity, we are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback