Job offer in Ireland Vice President Online Development at Institute of Technology, Sligo
Institute of Technology, Sligo
to £97,072.54 converted salary*
|Placed on:||30th October 2017|
|Closes:||17th November 2017|
17th November 2017 at 12 Noon
Nature of Contract
Applicants may apply online on our website at: http://itsligo.ie/vacancies
Description of Post
The Institute is implementing a new ambitious Strategic Plan and it needs the talent and drive of an ambitious Vice President to help realise the strategy’s full potential for online/blended learning enrolments.
A high quality service is required that maximises the Institute’s ambitious targets to increase the number of students learning though online/blended learning mode by a factor of three-times.
The VP will oversee financial and personnel management associated with delivery of the on-line and distance education programmes of the Institute. The Executive Committee will look to the new VP for strategic insight and direction that helps grow online and blended learning activities. To maximise relationships and student enrolment opportunities, we expect the new VP to build networks with stakeholder groups.
It is anticipated that candidates will come from a wide range of backgrounds and sectors, and those with experience from the private and public sectors as well as candidates with an international profile are encouraged to apply.
- Relevant postgraduate and /or professional qualification at Level 9 within the National Qualifications Framework or equivalent professional qualification.
- Extensive appropriate experience at a senior management level in a large and complex commercial, public sector, voluntary sector or higher education organisation subsequent to obtaining the minimum academic qualifications.
- Track-record of leading and managing high-level team members, to help build their skill and knowledge, to delegate appropriately and to support and guide their professional development.
- Relevant experience at a senior level in teaching and learning, education and training functions, including setting up new business/education partnerships.
- Track-record of leadership and success in project management, including data analytics.
- Ability to effectively solve problems and think laterally, able to generate practical solutions for stakeholders and team members.
- Highly developed people, presentation, communication and teamwork skills.
- Evidence of having an empathetic and personable approach to working with others with an ability to develop respect and credibility amongst colleagues from across the community and to work collaboratively with others, engendering cooperation across diverse groups.
- Commitment to a culture of equality and diversity.
- Doctoral level qualification.
- MBA or equivalent business post-graduate qualification.
- Combination of industrial, sector and academic experience.
- Track-record in development and implementation of strategic plans and initiatives aimed at developing new educational business opportunities and securing funding to execute such plans.
- Proven experience in leading growth in online development and/or in teaching in an online environment, including assessment of student outcomes.
- Experience with the delivery and management of, and with technical production of elearning programmes and with the use of, and the training of staff in elearning management systems and instructional design.
- Experience implementing distance-learning initiatives and/or creating a strategic vision for integrating new technologies for better learning outcomes for students at an international level.
- Experience with leading developments in IT systems
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges faced by Higher Education in Ireland and internationally
- Experience supporting strategic partnerships at a higher educational institution and/or industry, government or public/private sector organisations and industry and community.
- Understanding of academic quality assurance and regulation.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Republic of Ireland
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed