Job offer in Ireland Senior Research Fellow – Renewable Engine Research Project at IT (Institute of Technology), Sligo
IT (Institute of Technology), Sligo
to £59,242.01 converted salary*
|Placed on:||28th June 2017|
|Closes:||7th July 2017|
Renewable Engine is an EU funded research project that brings cross-border research centres and businesses together across the disciplines of advanced manufacturing and renewable energy. It builds on existing infrastructure in the region with two of research partners, South West College and IT Sligo, sharing a strong track record of applied R&I in renewable energy through the cross border CREST infrastructure. The Renewable Engine partnership will bring additional international research advanced manufacturing excellence through Queen’s University and the UK Advanced Manufacturing Catapult centre based at University of Strathclyde. Private sector input will drive the project through the inclusion of Manufacturing NI and Action Renewables as associate partners
The Senior Research Fellow will be responsible for carrying out the programmes of work specified for IT Sligo’s research activity in the Renewable Engine project, as arrived at from the development of the industry themes. They will be responsible for primary knowledge generation, for appropriate dissemination of results, and for the development of published research. As appropriate, the Senior Research Fellow will work to support the development of new ideas and projects within the wider Innovation Platform, in order to increase the reach and impact of the investment in the Renewable Engine project.
The Senior Research Fellow will report to the PI of the Renewable Engine project and be responsible for:
- Research and Innovation outreach support to regional companies, including technical project delivery.
- New knowledge generation and dissemination in peer-reviewed publications.
- Co-ordination with project partners, other IT Sligo staff and external agencies.
- Monitoring and managing PhD students undertaking Renewable Engine projects.
This will involve management of project budget and activity targets and direct liaison with the other project partners.
The Senior Research Fellow will also work to develop the wider Research and Innovation ecosystem at IT Sligo.
Essential Qualifications/ Skills
- Relevant Level 8 Degree in the area of Physical Sciences or Engineering.
- A PhD in Physical Sciences or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ post doc experience in research projects, developing technical solutions using engineering/science skills.
- Experience in post-graduate supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Desirable Qualifications/ Skills
- Experience of project management, including financial management.
- Detailed awareness of national and EU energy policies and targets.
- Experience in writing peer-reviewed papers.
- Experience in filing patents.
Applicants may apply online on our website at: http://itsligo.ie/vacancies.
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Republic of Ireland
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed