Job offer in Ireland Senior Research Analyst and Research Analyst at Trilateral Research Ltd
Location: Ireland or other EU Member State, remote working options
Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based SME, founded in 2004. Our team collaborates across social sciences and technology development to bring insights from each into supporting data-driven innovation. We provide research, advisory (e.g., policy) and technology development services to private and public-sector organisations internationally. We have over 15 years’ experience of leading and participating in European and nationally funded research projects and collaborating on tenders.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for a Research Analyst or Senior Research Analyst. The candidate will be expected to work on projects in both the public and private sectors, with a focus on social science. The successful candidate should have expertise in legal (particularly privacy and data protection), ethical and/or social considerations across a number of sectors and issues, including:
- Policing and crisis and disaster management
- Border security
- Human factors and cybersecurity
- Smart clothing
Please note that expertise in only one of those sectors, or only related ones, does not preclude applicants from applying. Expertise in technology ethics, privacy-by-design (including experience with Privacy Impact Assessments) or information security would be a plus.
The post-holder will be expected to liaise with project partners and clients across the EU and internationally and deliver high-quality research and project outputs in a collaborative environment in which short and demanding deadlines are frequent. The projects include travel. The post holder will also be required to contribute to business development and experience writing tenders and proposals for research grants would be desirable.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Performing research work related to current projects, writing reports or sections of reports and developing other deliverables as required to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Researching and writing content for grant proposals and tender submissions.
- Writing content for peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters, as part of projects, or as an outgrowth from projects.
- Carrying out empirical research and contributing to the preparation and writing of deliverables.
- Attending and/or presenting at conferences, meetings, and workshops, involving occasional travel in Europe.
- Candidates will have a Ph.D. (or near completion) or, exceptionally, a Master’s degree related to one or more of the fields mentioned above.
- Candidates should have strong, demonstrable writing skills and preferably will have already published papers in peer-reviewed journals.
In return, you get …
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours / remote working options
- A supportive and friendly team
- An opportunity to shape policy at EU level and beyond, technology development and advance discourse
- A chance to engage with partners from all around Europe
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be marked specifically as “Position for Senior Research Analyst and Research Analyst ”. We will process on a rolling basis.