Job offer in Ireland Research Engagement Officer at Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast has recently launched an institutional Engaged Research Action Plan, designed to support Queen’s academics and external partners in developing and maintaining sustainable and mutually beneficial research relationships. This three year Action Plan will focus on the promotion of the values of partnership and collaboration in research through building and sustaining mutually beneficial research relationships, with real world impact, whilst championing a culture where staff and partners feel valued and supported in their research engagement activities.
The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of the Research Engagement Action Plan over the next three years. Working alongside colleagues in Research Development, the role will involve working with researchers and academic support staff across the university and networking with external partners to embed the principles of engaged research at Queen’s – to inform, to consult, and to collaborate. The post holder will be an excellent communicator, with experience of delivering training support, media content production, project and event management. This post offers a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to help shape the research landscape at Queen’s over the next three years, building on the strengths and successes of the University in this area.
The successful candidate will have:
– Honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in any subject.
– Recent relevant experience within a research, engagement or communications environment to include:
- Evidence of building relationships with and managing a wide variety of stakeholders, developing bespoke products or services to meet their needs.
- Project management experience associated with the development, delivery, reporting and monitoring systems for programmes, publications and events.
- Proven track record of organising and supporting engagement events, including training courses, meetings and seminars.
- Experience of publication management, including overseeing design, print, copy writing and editing.
- Experience of developing and writing promotional materials.
- Web content (including video and audio) development and management experience.
– Evidence of strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to deliver professional advice and support to potential stakeholders.
– Willingness to work flexibly when required and to undertake business travel which may involve overnight stays.
– Ability to meet the local business travel requirements of the post (i.e. full, valid driving licence and access to a car for business purposes or other means of meeting this requirement).
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form.
Further information about the Directorate can be found at http://www.qub.ac.uk/Research/
Anticipated interview date: Friday 17 May 2019
Salary scale: £33,199 – £39,610 per annum (potential to progress to £43,266 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 29 April 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.