Job offer in Ireland Research Assistant– Biochemistry/Analytical Chemistry at Institute of Technology Tralee
Institute of Technology Tralee – Shannon Applied Biotechnology Centre
|Placed on:||14th June 2017|
|Closes:||22nd June 2017|
Shannon Applied Biotechnology Centre (Shannon ABC) is an industry focussed research centre funded through Enterprise Ireland’s Technology Gateway Programme. Shannon ABC is a collaboration between the Institute of Technology, Tralee and Limerick Institute of Technology. The centre combines strengths in areas including natural product discovery, bioactive screening, nutraceuticals and bioprocessing. The centre partners with biotech, food and life science industries to address their scientific challenges through the development and transfer of new processes and novel products from bio-resources.
Shannon ABC is currently seeking to recruit a Research Assistant for an exciting role in a vibrant innovative team, which is developing natural ingredients derived from seaweed, targeted at pre-diabetic consumers. The role will involve close collaboration with an industrial R&D team which will provide exposure to gain new skills in innovation management and knowledge transfer.
Minimum Qualifications Applicants should hold a Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree or equivalent in a biological or chemical science discipline or related science field.
Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Laboratory bench skills in carbohydrate compositional analysis
- Logical and concise written and oral communication skills
- High self-motivation and hard-working.
The following would be desirable:
- M.Sc. postgraduate qualification and/or 1-2 years’ industry experience
- Experience of using analytical platforms, including HPLC-PAD/DAD/RI and spectrophotometric assays
Familiarity with data presentation techniques and statistical packages
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of technical duties involved in supporting the research project.
- Prepare biological material for compositional analysis studies.
- Create project documentation, reports and maintain lab books.
- Work with other researchers as directed by the project leader
- Other laboratory duties which may be assigned from time to time
Salary This post is available on a fixed term basis for a period of 24 months. A salary of €28,794 per annum will apply to this post, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Application Procedure All applications must be made online at www.ittralee.ie
Location This post is based at Shannon ABC laboratories in the Institute of Technology, Tralee. However occasional visits will be essential to collaborate with industrial and academic partners.
Informal Enquiries Informal enquiries ONLY by email to Dr. Joanna Tierney; Joanna.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Thursday 22nd June, 2017
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
Share this job
If you have a comment to make about the overall quality of this advert,
or its categorisation then please
send us your feedback
Republic of Ireland
* Salary has been converted at the prevailing rate on the date placed