Job offer in Ireland Postgraduate Enterprise Consultant at Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
The post holder will enhance the entrepreneurial skills of postgraduate students by developing and delivering a range of enterprise-related activities and initiatives as part of the wider Postgraduate Employability and Enterprise Team. The post holder will also contribute to the development and growth of the Graduate School provision and overall postgraduate student experience.
This post is available for one year.
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver a range of innovative enterprise-related programmes and initiatives at postgraduate level. The programmes are designed to support in the training and development of key entrepreneurial skills, mind-sets and attributes and provide further guidance to postgraduate students exploring a range of career pathways including self-employment. Examples would include creative confidence workshops, ideas generation workshops and research commercialisation programmes.
- Provide professional enterprise-related guidance to postgraduate students through a range of interventions, including one-to-one consultations, from short to in-depth interviews; through a range of media; face to face, online, electronic and email.
- Enhance the postgraduate student experience and develop an entrepreneurial environment with the Graduate School as a hub, through the delivery of cross-disciplinary initiatives, evening event and activities for postgraduate students, Schools and other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with University wide partners including Enterprise SU team, Research and Enterprise Team and develop partnerships with a range of external stakeholders to provide further enterprise opportunities to postgraduate students.
- Collaborate with academic and related staff as well as central units across the University, to enhance opportunities for postgraduate students and increase enterprise skills development within their studies.
The successful candidate will have:
- A primary degree or equivalent qualification.
- Recent relevant experience of successful delivery of innovative enterprise-related programmes, events and initiatives, providing skills development in a post-compulsory education context (i.e. HE/FE/commercial/industry).
- Relevant experience identifying enterprise skill development needs, and developing and delivering programmes, courses, events or initiatives to address the needs.
- Relevant experience of business mentoring.
- Relevant experience building relationships and working collaboratively with a range of partners to develop and deliver programmes or initiatives.
- Relevant experience of successful event and project management, including team and budget management.
- Demonstrable understanding of the role of enterprise skills and the importance of building an entrepreneurial environment within postgraduate student experience.
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 20 March 2019
Salary scale: £33,199 – £39,610 per annum (potential to progress to £43,266 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 11 March 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.