Job offer in Ireland Pensions Manager at Queen’s University Belfast
The Pensions Manager will assist the Head of Tax, Pensions and Insurance in managing the two pension schemes available to University staff (the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) and the Retirement Benefits Plan (RBP)). They will ensure the effective administration of both schemes, prepare and deliver periodic pension updates to University Senior Management and provide professional and specialist technical input to working groups created to address significant pension issues, thus ensuring the University’s compliance with pension scheme rules and pensions legislation.
The Pensions Manager will have responsibility for the RBP, which is the University’s own self-administered trust scheme. This is a holistic role, with breadth and scope to undertake all activities relating to the management and operation of a defined benefit pension scheme, with the capacity to work with a level of autonomy which is rare in large organisations. For example, duties will include recommending and implementing changes to process and procedure, meeting and providing benefits information to members, and reporting to the Trustee Board at quarterly Meetings.
Pensions is a prominent topic within the University so there is significant engagement with senior management to consider broad pensions issues. The post holder will be encouraged to represent the University’s views and interests through attendance at national seminars and conferences.
The successful candidate must have:
- A degree or an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant subject
- Ideally a minimum of 4 years’ recent professional experience in a pension’s role.
- Authoritative knowledge of the work practices and/or professional guidelines relevant to pensions, including specific awareness of the operation of defined benefit pension schemes.
- Thorough understanding of pension’s legislation and the implications of non-compliance.
- High level of professional engagement with current pensions practice and developing issues.
- Project and people management skills that may have been gained/be identifiable through previous experience
Informal enquiries may be directed to Sam Boles, email: email@example.com
Further information about the Directorate can be found at www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/FinanceDirectorate/
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 14 November 2018
Closing date: Friday 2 November 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application.
For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN.
Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.