Job offer in Ireland Lecturers in Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Maynooth University, National University of Ireland Maynooth
Ollscoil Mhá Nuad
Maynooth University (National University of Ireland, Maynooth) is the fastest growing university in Ireland with over 10,000 students and outstanding research and scholarship in the sciences, humanities and social sciences. The university is now entering a new and exciting phase of its development, with a new strategic plan centred on further enhancing our academic programmes, providing a distinctive student experience of the highest quality, focusing our research activities on a small number of priority themes, and further internationalising the university. To support this development, the university is seeking to recruit outstanding academics, with a strong track record of research and teaching, to the following position:
Lecturers in Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Join Maynooth University, School of Business, a Top 50 Young University in the World.
Applications are invited for full time Lecturers in Strategy, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation at Maynooth University School of Business (US grade is Assistant Professor). You will be joining a faculty of research led educators in our Business School. Maynooth University has been ranked in the top 50 of Young Universities in the World, the top 200 Universities in Europe, and in the top 200 of Universities in terms of International Outlook. Apply now at: www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies
School of Business
Our community includes 31 faculty and 4 staff coming from 12 countries, and a team of occasional lecturers. We are recruiting eight new faculty to join this team. Together we support a student community across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate business degrees, including a PhD programme. As a community, we are guided by our mission and values (research led; practice engaged; sustainable careers & organisations; liberal in terms of education choices, shared language and experiences; and egalitarian).
Our faculty focus on research that is impactful within their academic community, their students, and their industry contexts. Our faculty are contributing to debates in leading journals, publishing 19 papers in top ranked ABS 4 and 27 ABS 3 journals since 2014, and serving in leadership roles on journal editorial boards and international research organisations (e.g. Academy of Management). Examples of journals that School of Business faculty have recently published in the broad field of Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship include:
- Academy of Management Journal; Journal of Management; Strategic Management Journal; Academy of Management Learning and Education; Journal of Product Innovation Management; Journal of World Business; Organisation Studies; Research Policy; Work
- International Small Business Journal; Journal of Business Research; Management International Review; Journal of Business Ethics; Industrial and Corporate Change; Technological Forecasting and Social Change; Technovation; amongst others
Our new Lecturers Strategy, Entrepreneurship will teach on our undergraduate programmes, which include 10 undergraduate and five postgraduate programmes. These include our core BBS Business and Management degree, our Bachelor of Arts business programmes, the BBS Entrepreneurship, and our MSc in Strategy and Innovation; MSc Business and Management, amongst others.
Our approach to education is guided by our values and mission. As a community of educators, we seek to support our students and each other in our learning journeys. New faculty are assigned an academic mentor to assist them in adapting to the education approach of the School of Business, our research and wider community. Faculty are happy to help each other with research and teaching issues, share ideas about best practice, both formally, through our research and teaching seminars, and informally.
The ideal candidate ought to have:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline in the field of Strategy, Innovation, or Entrepreneurship.
- A demonstrated/realised capacity for publication in international, peer reviewed journals in Strategy, Innovation, or Entrepreneurship (e.g. journal publications, international peer reviewed conferences) commensurate with a Lecturer position; more recent graduates might have international peer reviewed conference papers and journal papers under review;
- Experience of and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research supervision in Strategy, Innovation, or Entrepreneurship;
- An ability to design, deliver, and assess a range of Strategy, Innovation, or Entrepreneurship modules in and outside of her/his specialist area of research interest;
- A capacity to and enthusiasm for working in an inter-disciplinary environment within the wider context of the School of Business and University;
- Prior experience of working in professional service firms or in a management, innovation or entrepreneurship role in industry would be advantageous but is not required.
For further details including full comprehensive job description please see the Maynooth University vacancies page at: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies