Job offer in Ireland Lecturer in Management at Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
Queen’s Management School is one of the top business schools in the UK and Ireland and prides itself on offering a world-class range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in Accounting, Economics, Finance and Management.
A globally renowned centre of education and research, it enjoys close links with the business community, a dedicated placement office and a financial trading room.
To undertake research in line with the School’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level, and to contribute to the School’s administration/outreach activity.
While applicants from any field of Business and Management are welcomed, preference may be given to the areas of business analytics, operations management or marketing.
The successful candidate must have:
- PhD in Management(or related discipline) or within 6 months of completion
- Ability to publish research publications of international standard in area of specialism although preference will be given to those with research expertise in business analytics, operations management or marketing
- Potential to earn external research income.
- Ability to teach and assess courses in area of specialism and related fields at University level.
- Evidence of appropriate administrative experience.
- Ability to advance the research and teaching goals of the School.
- To strengthen the School’s national and international research networks
- Must demonstrate evidence of ability to communicate clearly and effectively to students, academic colleagues and to professional bodies and managers.
- Ability to provide effective leadership.
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Further information about the School can be found at https://www.qub.ac.uk/mgt/
Informal enquiries may be directed to, email: Dr Sara Melo, Tel: 4820, email: email@example.com Dr Michael Aldous, Tel: 4549 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 28 August 2019
Salary scale: £36,261 – £50,132 per annum (potential to progress to £53,175 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Wednesday 17 July 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.