Job offer in Ireland Lecturer in Law (10 Month Contract) at Maynooth University, National University of Ireland Maynooth
Maynooth University (National University of Ireland, Maynooth) is the fastest growing university in Ireland with over 10,000 students and outstanding research and scholarship in the sciences, humanities and social sciences. The university is now entering a new and exciting phase of its development, with a new strategic plan centred on further enhancing our academic programmes, providing a distinctive student experience of the highest quality, focusing our research activities on a small number of priority themes, and further internationalising the university. To support this development, the university is seeking to recruit outstanding academics, with a strong track record of research and teaching, to the following position:
Department of Law Lecturer in Law
(10 Month Contract)
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship, and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as a Lecturer in Law, to support the delivery of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Candidates should have an excellent broad knowledge of Constitutional Law, and Administrative Law.
The appointee will have a proven record of teaching, research, and publication, appropriate to career stage. The appointee will be expected to make a strong contribution to the teaching mission of the Department, and undertake teaching duties on the Department’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, as well as the supervision of Master’s students.
The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile, that supports the University’s research strategy including affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate and working with colleagues on national and international research. The appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of international standard.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD, at or near completion, in Law;
- A broad experience of working in higher education;
- A strong academic record in teaching Constitutional Law, and Administrative Law;
- A record of scholarly work and publication of international quality, appropriate to career stage, demonstrating potential to become a significant contributor in the field;
- Experience of, and a demonstrated commitment to, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, programme development, and academic innovation;
- Experience of supervising graduate research students;
- Experience of, and commitment to, working in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Good administrative, organisational, teamwork, and communication skills.
For further details including full comprehensive job description please see the Maynooth University vacancies page at: https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/human-resources/vacancies