Job offer in Ireland Lecturer in Film and Screen Production at Queen’s University Belfast
With 150 academic and support staff and over 1,200 students, the school of Arts, English and Languages has strong links with a wide range of industries in the form of collaborative projects and student placements. Our events include concerts, drama performances, readings, screenings and talks/conferences and the facilities used by the school are among the best in the UK.
The Lecturer (Education) in Film and Screen Production will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level and contribute to School administration and outreach activity.
Our five core values (Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
- Relevant postgraduate degree in Film/Media/Visual Arts
- Teaching experience to degree level in film and screen production
- Professional experience in the film and screen industry, including knowledge and experience of current technologies, workflows, practices, and policies.
- Experience collaborating with relevant film and screen industry, culture and educational organisations.
- Experience of contributing to the planning and development of projects relating to film and screen education
- Demonstrable ability to make funding applications in relation to scholarly activity, teaching, and/or training projects
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
- Ability to assist in management of resources and staff. Demonstrable intellectual ability. Networking.
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application.
Further information about the School can be found at https://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/ael/
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 6 August 2019
Salary scale: £36,261 – £50,132 per annum pro rata (potential to progress to £53,175 per annum pro rata through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Tuesday 9 July 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.