Job offer in Ireland Lecturer (Education) in Criminology (Criminology and Youth Justice) at Queen’s University Belfast
The School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work is training the next generation of social scientists across many areas.
Research is focused on addressing social issues in society and providing best evidence and advice to policy makers and practitioners. Strong local partnerships and an international influence make the School a dynamic place to study or work. The School combines a diversity of social science research methods manifested in distinct and even unique features including the Q-Step initiative. With a mission to reduce inequality in society, members of this School are leaders in education, social work and social policy making in Northern Ireland and internationally.
The School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work is seeking to appoint a Lecturer (Education) who will contribute to the delivery of a high quality undergraduate and postgraduate educational portfolio in Criminology for the period of 11 months (August 2019 to June 2020) and contribute to the School’s outreach activity and teaching-related administration.
This is a temporary post for 11 months.
- Will normally have or be about to obtain a PhD in a relevant area of social science.
- Teaching experience using a range of teaching methods.
- Experience of marking written assignments
- Ability to design course materials and to plan and organise the delivery and assessment of taught courses in own specialism.
- Effective interpersonal skills to liaise with students and colleagues and work as part of a team.
- High level of analytical capability.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Ability to encourage commitment to learn in others.
- Ability to contribute to broader management and administrative processes
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form
Further information about the School can be found at https://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/ssesw/
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 6 August 2019
Salary scale: £36,261 – £50,132 per annum (potential to progress to £53,175 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Monday 8 July 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.