Job offer in Ireland Lecturer (Below the Bar) in TechInnovate at National University of Ireland, Galway
Applications are invited for a fixed-term full-time appointment (one year) as Lecturer (Below the Bar) in TechInnovate at NUI Galway.
The new appointee will be required to make significant contributions to the teaching and research programmes of TechInnovate within the Discipline of Electrical & Electronic Engineering and the College of Engineering and Informatics at NUI Galway. In terms of teaching, the appointee will be expected to contribute strongly to postgraduate teaching programmes, student project supervision, and administration activities of TechInnovate. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in the broad field of technology innovation and entrepreneurship development. Of particular importance will be contributions to, and leadership in, the development of postgraduate taught programmes (the MSc in AgInnovation and the MSc in TechInnovation) delivered by TechInnovate within the Discipline of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
Successful candidates will also engage in research at TechInnovate as part of this role. Candidates should have a track record of research and publications. They are expected to work towards acquiring national and international research funding, and will be expected to develop national and international collaborations between TechInnovate and academia/industry. Candidates with research expertise in any branch of technology innovation are welcome including areas of strength at NUI Galway and those complementary to areas of strength at NUI Galway, including the creation and growth of technology innovation-driven enterprises, and transferring technology innovations into smart industry sectors such as agriculture, marine, engineering and manufacturing.
The successful candidate shall possess:
- A primary degree in science, engineering, or business;
- Normally, a PhD in engineering, innovation, entrepreneurship or a closely related discipline;
- Experience in third level teaching and student supervision;
- An appropriate publication record and demonstrated capacity to engage in research activities;
- An ability to conduct programme administration and management in a public service university environment;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, and an ability and commitment to develop collaborative relationships with other academic staff in the pursuit of teaching and research objectives;
- A strong commitment to working with start-ups, the technology industry, and sectors such as agriculture, marine, engineering and manufacturing;
- A commitment to contribute directly to recently-established and new postgraduate taught programmes, including the development of new taught modules.
For informal enquiries, please contact the Programme Director of TechInnovate, Dr John Breslin, by email: email@example.com or telephone: +353 91 492622.
Please see the following weblinks for additional information: http://www.nuigalway.ie/engineering/
€37,979 to €58,944 p.a (applicable to new entrants effective from January, 2011)
(This appointment will be made on the Lecturer Below the Bar Fixed Term scale in line with current Government pay policy)
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17:00 (Irish Time) on Friday, 9th August 2019. It will not be possible to consider applications received after the closing date.
Garda vetting may apply.
Appointments will be conditional on work authorisation validation.
Further details are available at www.dbei.ie
For more information and Application Form please see website:
http://www.nuigalway.ie/about-us/jobs/ Applications should be submitted online.
National University of Ireland Galway is an equal opportunities employer.