Job offer in Ireland Governance and Assurance Specialist at Institute of Public Administration
REPORTS TO: Senior Specialist, Training, Development & Consultancy Division
The primary function of this role is to:
- Design, development and lead learning and development programmes and events as well as providing consultancy and advisory services to client organisations. Working as part of the governance team, the provision of services aims to improve corporate governance, compliance, performance and assurance systems across the state, public and non-for profit sectors;
- Engage with clients to identify needs and learning and development and consultancy solutions;
- Work collaboratively with other team members and with specialist colleagues across the Institute on the design and delivery of services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To participate in identifying client needs, primarily in assurance and governance and develop value-added services (training, facilitation, mentoring, consultancy etc.) to address those needs
- To be responsible for designing and delivering specific training programmes, generic or customised, in particular those in the area of governance, audit, assurance and risk management.
- To be responsible for conducting consultancy assignments and participating in major organisational development, modernisation or reform projects.
- To deliver and contribute to the organisation of accredited programmes, e.g. the Certificate in Audit Skills and any other professionally accredited programmes as they arise.
- To organise events, conferences, seminars and briefings that will enhance the portfolio of the unit.
- To design, deliver and manage modules and courses as per the portfolio of the unit.
- To promote and market the services of the Institute generally.
- To keep up-to-date with developments in governance, audit, assurance, risk and public management generally, through relevant Continuing Professional Development, that will add value and enhance the skills and services that can be offered to clients.
- To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Other Attributes Required
- A Masters level post graduate qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant field and
- An accounting / auditing qualification with relevant practitioner experience ideally in a public sector or publicly funded workplace. Alternatively, relevant experience and a qualification/s in Governance or Assurance or other relevant disciplines.
- Ideally at least three years’ experience working as an accountant/auditor.
- At least three years’ working experience in lecturing or training.
- Exposure to private sector governance and audit practices would be desirable
- Exposure to computerised accounting software
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good report-writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with specialists and non-specialists alike.
- Credibility to liaise with managers in client organisations on a consultancy basis
- Self-motivation and ability to manage own workload effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Capacity to work effectively as part of a team, project group and implementation taskforce
- Competence and confidence to conduct group learning sessions for adults
- Experience of standard IT-based presentation aids and software packages.
This position may be filled on will be filled on a permanent, contract or secondment basis. While the position is Dublin based, a considerable proportion of our work is delivered in client organisations throughout Ireland and abroad on occasions. Members of the staff of the Institute may be required to attend meetings and other functions on occasions outside normal working hours.
The salary scale for this position ranges from €54,989 – €84,823 (two LSIs) per annum pro rata.
Closing date for receipt of application is 12.00 noon on Monday 29th July 2019
Please email a CV (clearly stating ref number of post applied for) and covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the roles by 12.00 noon on Monday 29th July 2019 to (email@example.com), IPA, 57-61 Lansdowne Road, Dublin 4, Telephone +353 12403647.
General Information for Applicants
Summary of Terms