Job offer in Ireland EU & International Research Development Manager at Queen’s University Belfast
The successful candidate will play a major role at Queen’s University, delivering significant growth in the University’s International research portfolio and effectively increasing Northern Ireland’s engagement with European research funding schemes.
The post holder will achieve this by:
- Strategically identifying opportunities and providing coordination for applications, professional support and expert advice as required;
- Developing strong networks internationally, across Europe and Northern Ireland, proactively increasing engagement with European and international research programmes by potential participants across the University and Northern Ireland;
- Establishing a strategic overview of European and international funding including undertaking horizon scanning activities, investigation of the research policy landscape and analysis of technology and industry trends;
- Deliver key targets for research income through optimising the funding profile for the University and Northern Ireland from European and other international research funders.
The post holder will become the European thematic expert for applied science and technology in Northern Ireland, and will be a key part of the network of EU regional Contact Points. Please note that this is a full time, temporary post and is available for 12 months.
The successful candidate must have:
- Primary or postgraduate degree in a relevant subject area (ICT, Engineering, Maths, Physics, or another STEM subject)
- Minimum of three years’ recent experience of working within a relevant research (academic, public-sector or commercial research environment) or research funding environment.
- Proven track record of assisting the initiation and development of successful large-scale applications, including experience of providing support to the development of European and/or international projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the current European and/or international research funding landscape.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and ability to build links with key internal and external stakeholders, including research funding organisations
- Willingness to travel nationally/ internationally as required
Further information about the Directorate can be found at – http://www.qub.ac.uk/Research/
Anticipated interview date: Wednesday 21 August 2019
Salary scale: £40,792 to £50,132 per annum (potential to progress to £53,175 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution).
Closing date: Monday 5 August 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. You must clearly demonstrate how you are meeting the criteria on your application form OR CV and/or covering letter. For further information or assistance contact Resourcing Team, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.