Job offer in Ireland EPS Faculty Project Co-ordinator at Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast is one of the leading universities in the UK and Ireland, with a distinguished heritage and history. With over 24,000 students, 3,700 staff and an annual turnover of some £300m, Queen’s University Belfast plays a unique leadership role in Northern Ireland. As a member of the Russell Group of UK research-intensive universities, Queen’s University Belfast combines excellence in research and education with a student centred ethos.
Enhancement of the student experience is a cornerstone of the University Education Strategy 2016-21. In the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (EPS) the focus is on the roll-out of two new exciting projects in the form of the creation of Software and Mathematics Academies, and the transformation of the learning experience through advanced and innovative use of digital technology.
Reporting to the Faculty Project Manager, the successful project Coordinators will work closely with Faculty Deans of Education and Postgraduate Studies in delivery of these key transformation projects. As these are newly created positions the roles duties are extensive and evolving and this is a unique opportunity to develop new and existing skills in large scale strategic project management. To get a feel for the vibrant and dynamic community that is the Faculty of EPS click here: www.qub.ac.uk/about/Leadership-and-structure/Faculties-and-Schools/Engineering-and-Physical-Sciences/
The successful candidate must have:
- A primary degree or significant experience in a project delivery role
- Proven experience of project co-ordination maintaining extensive medium term project plans and associated documentation.
- Previous experience of successful project management, with evidence of Oversight and management of core project resources
- Demonstrable Supervisory/coaching experience.
- Driving project delivery through effective planning and monitoring of key project milestones
- Successful stakeholder/partner engagement, with a proven record of influencing and negotiation
- The production of a suite of complex project management information to inform key decision making
- The effective use of project management tools and techniques including project management software
- Experience of cultivating developing strong interdisciplinary relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong ability to co-ordinate and manage a range of projects and tasks and prioritise own workload and that of others to achieve agreed objectives.
Our five core values (Integrity, Connected, Ambition, Respect, Excellence) have been developed by staff and students. They express our shared understanding of what we believe, how we aim to behave and what we aspire to be as an international organisation.
Salary scale: £33,199 – £39,610 per annum (potential to progress to £43,266 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Tuesday 7 May 2019
For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link on our website by clicking apply. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.